Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Wintery Wonder Play Place"

This past weekend, took a little weekend trip to my favorite mountain in CO, Crested Butte.
Pretty much my favorite coffee in all of Colorado, Camp 4 Coffee.
In an old mining mountain ski town, there are a surprising amount of peddlers rolling through the streets with feet of snow piled all around.
And as expected...a lot of history too!
The view...looking down on Mt. Crested Butte.
 We decided to go down Peel.
Little speed racer 5 year old on his brand new skis!
Powered by Grape Soda.
I am powered by multi-colored cookie and PBR. Just as a side note, my coworker Cindy knitted my beanie for me. I wanted it to have to Colorado colors and she wanted it to match my jacket. I think she did a wonderful job!
Guess what I found! The uber fat, uber rockered K2 Hellbents I really really really want to get for those epic powder and back country exploring days! Couldn't find a demo anywhere, but at least I was able to fondle them in person and get a good real life look at them!
I made a reference to the Hellbents in a post back in November...here are the specs again!
A vid of the little speed demon himself! I was skiing switch (backwards) trying to video him, but he kept speeding past me!

No comments: